Open to all high school students, Growlight provides a unique immersive design experience in a four-week hybrid “think-tank” environment.
- Introduction to design principles using industry-standard design software.
- Introduction to entrepreneurship, business-startup tools, and personal branding.
- Coaching and mentorship by FIU faculty and graduate students.
- Design challenges to better the condition of people with disabilities in cities.
- Virtual access to 3-D printers for design projects at the Miami Beach Urban Studios.
- Public speaking and character building sessions.
- Learn from experienced professionals through speaking engagements and field experience.
- Opportunities for certification in 3D modeling and graphics software.
- Programming will include both in-person and virtual components for a dynamic hybrid experience.
- Tuition is $300 a week for the four week program. Full Scholarships available for Breakthrough Scholars, Carnival Scholars and high school students in Miami who qualify for free/reduced lunch.
Growlight is open to all interested high school students.
It takes a village. Help us open doors for 30 Breakthrough Scholars.
Sponsor a Scholar at Growlight!
To request materials in accessible format, sign language interpreters, and/or any disability accommodation, please contact 305.646.7210 five days in advance to initiate your request. TTY users may also call 711 (Florida Relay Service).