Apply to be a Teaching Fellow
With you, the future is in good hands.
Breakthrough Miami’s Fellowship has been ranked as a Top Ten Service Learning Internship by The Princeton Review.
The Summer 2020 Teaching Fellow Application is now available! Click here for application process and instructions.
The Breakthrough Miami Teaching Fellow experience is designed for undergraduates and high school students (age 17+). The opportunity is available to applicants with a deep interest in social justice and a passion for working with students. Our Teaching Fellows must be committed to personal growth and comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Because we celebrate the diversity of our community, we seek applicants from diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
Become a Teaching Fellow:
- Join a corps of energetic, ambitious, diverse Changemakers
- Opportunity to serve as an AmeriCorps Member and qualify for an education award
- Continued leadership development through our award winning students-teaching-students program
- Teach, mentor and inspire highly motivated under-represented Scholars between 5th-9th grade in a subject area such as math, english, writing or science
- Compensation includes summer stipend in addition to deep personal gratification and lasting impact on others
- Membership, engagement, allegiance and affinity as member of Breakthrough Miami Alumni Network upon completion
- Give 8 weeks of your summer and you will gain a lifetime experience
2020 Summer Dates – June 6, 2020 – July 31, 2020
Early Action Deadline – January 16, 2020
Regular Decision Deadline – February 27, 2020
This program is available to all, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, political affiliation, or, in most instances, religion.