Early Application Deadline:
January 13, 2023
Regular Application Deadline:
June 10–16, 2023
June 20–July 28, 2023
July 31–August 1, 2023
With you, the future is in good hands.
Breakthrough Miami’s Fellowship has been ranked as a Top Ten Service Learning Internship by The Princeton Review.
The Breakthrough Miami Teaching Fellow experience is designed for undergraduates and high school students (age 17+). The opportunity is available to applicants with a deep interest in social justice and a passion for working with students. Our Teaching Fellows must be committed to personal growth and comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Because we celebrate the diversity of our community, we seek applicants from diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
Become a Teaching Fellow:
- Join a corps of energetic, ambitious, diverse Changemakers
- Opportunity to serve as an AmeriCorps Member and qualify for an education award
- Continued leadership development through our award winning students-teaching-students program
- Teach, mentor and inspire highly motivated under-represented Scholars between 5th-9th grade in a subject area such as math, english, writing or science
- Compensation includes summer stipend in addition to deep personal gratification and lasting impact on others
- Membership, engagement, allegiance and affinity as member of Breakthrough Miami Alumni Network upon completion
- Give 8 weeks of your summer and you will gain a lifetime experience
This program is available to all, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, political affiliation, or, in most instances, religion.
*Must be able to commit to full 8 weeks (June 11-Aug 5)
Apply to Become a Teaching Fellow
Teaching Fellow information sessions
If you would like more information, attend one of our Teaching Fellow information sessions below: