Breakthrough Scholars are a dynamic cadre of motivated students selected from across Miami who are supported through an unparalleled eight-year academic and social enrichment program. The journey includes six-week Summer Institutes (grades 5-9) and Saturday programming during the school years.
Why Become A Breakthrough Scholar?
- Get a head-start on the school year
- Join a group of kids as motivated as you are
- Come to a place where it’s cool to be smart
- Meet high school and college age role models
- Reach for your wildest dreams
- Be an inspiration to your community
APPLY TO BECOME A SCHOLAR - APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Click below to begin your application.
STUDENTS MUST MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Academically Motivated with a mostly B’s and above
- At or above grade level in Math and Reading (FSAs or other standardized tests)
- Enrolled in 4th or 5th Grade in Public, Charter, Private, or Home School
- Can attend both school year and summer programming
STUDENTS MUST MEET TWO OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Low income or free/reduced lunch
- Live in a single parent household
- Primary language other than English
- First generation in family to attend college
- Identify as a racial or ethnic minority
Selection Timeline for Summer 2022
Early Action Deadline: January 15, 2022
Early Action Admission Letters: February 14, 2022
Regular Decision Deadline: April 1, 2022
Regular Decision Admission Letters: May 1, 2022
Admission Information Sessions:
Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, January 11, 2021, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, February 8, 2021, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, March 8, 2021, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.